Watch this video to discover the value of exclusive networking opportunities at IFT18.
IFT18—An Investment in Your Future
Join us at IFT18 where top researchers and food science professionals converge to network, collaborate, and share the latest innovative discoveries in the science of food. IFT’s annual event is the premier global event where food science professionals hone their expertise and expand their knowledge with the latest advances in the science of food. Connect with over 20,000 top food science and technology experts from more than 90 countries, representing the most prominent global food organizations, college and universities, and industries.
Stay Ahead of the Competition
Don’t pass up the opportunity to network and learn at a global scale with access to the most innovative strategies, newest solutions, future trends and insights.
Top Reasons Attendees Return to IFT’s Annual Event
- Network! Network! Network!
Re-connect with old friends and colleagues and make new connections with over 20,000 food science professionals from over 90 countries all looking to share and learn with their professional peers.
- New Products. New Technologies.
Over 1,000 ingredient, technology, and design companies concentrated in one place to bring you the newest products, most recent innovations and latest technology developments in the science of food.
- Exceptional Scientific Programming
Fuel your passion for the science of food through our thought-provoking scientific and featured sessions, presentations, panel discussions, start-up alley, and innovation exhibitions.
- Fold Your Time and Get Business Done.
IFT’s Annual Event and Food Expo is the perfect setting to connect with professional peers and vendors to get business done face-to-face in the span of 4 intensive, action packed days.
Tips for Securing Funding to Attend IFT18
Here are some helpful tips, tools and techniques, including a ”Request for Funding” template (doc), you can use to present IFT18’s return on investment for your organization.
- Capture the goals. Write down 3-5 important initiatives or issues critical to your organization right now. How might your event attendance provide a solution? How is your work aligned with the larger organization's strategy or mission? Be specific.
- Map the programming. Review the event schedule and the exhibitor listings. These will be available for online viewing March 2018. Identify the sessions, activities, and exhibiting companies you want to visit. Be sure your selections support the goals you stated previously. Identify particular speakers or companies you’d like to connect with.
- Build the case. Describe how attending these educational sessions and activities, visiting these exhibiting companies, and meeting these people will help you contribute to the success of your organization's initiatives. Include relevant event facts and stats to further support your case. We’ve provided a request template (Word document) you can use as a starting point.
Once you’re registered to attend…
Here are additional resources and tips you can do before, during, and after the event to maximize your value and demonstrate to your organization that their investment was worthwhile.